Bring macOS “Quick Look” feature to Windows
One of the few features I missed from Mac OS X is Quick Look. It allows the user to peek into a file content in lightning speed by just pressing the Space key. Windows, on the other hand, does not has this handy feature … until now.
I am aware that several alternatives are already available on the Internet (e.g. WinQuickLook and Seer). Despite these options, I still decide to craft another one by myself, because they are either not being actively developed, lacks variety, or asks for an amount of $$$.
- Tons of supported file types (full list here)
- Fluent design (new in version 0.3)
- Touchscreen friendly
- HiDPI support
- Preview from Open and Save File Dialog
- Preview from 3rd-party file managers (see a list here)
- Easy extended by plugins
- Strict GPL license to keep it free forever
Download / General usage
Download from one of the following
- Select a file/folder on the Desktop / in a File Explorer window / in an Open- or Save-File dialogue
- Press the Spacebar
- Select another file/folder in the same manner
- When you’re done, click on the
⨉button, or press Spacebar again
Hotkeys and buttons
- Spacebar: Show/Hide the preview window
- Esc: Hide the preview window
- Enter: Open/Execute the current file
- Mouse️, ↑, ↓, ←, →: Preview another file
- Ctrl-Wheel: Zoom in/out images
- Wheel: Increase/decrease volume
Supported file types, file manager intergation, etc.
See the Wiki page
See the Translation guide
- Many open-source projects and their contributors
- Our UI designers @OiCkilL (“Fluent” user interface since v0.3) and @QubitsDev (application icon since v0.3)
Our contributers who
- teach QuickLook speaks your language
- send pull requests, report bugs or give suggestions
- … and you 😊
This project references many other open-source projects. See here for the full list.
All source codes are licensed under GPL-3.0.
If you want to make any modification on these source codes while keeping new codes not protected by GPL-3.0, please contact me for a sublicense instead.