This project is currently under heavy development. Come back often to see what’s new.
Quick Look is among the few features I missed from Mac OS X. It enables very quick preview of file by pressing Space key while highlighting it, without opening its associated application. Then I decide to add this feature to Windows by myself, which results this “QuickLook” project.
You may ask, why you write this when there several alternatives available on the Internet (e.g. WinQuickLook and Seer)? The answer is that, they are all among those which no longer actively developed, lack of support of file types and plugins, or asking user for amounts of $$$.
- Tons of supported file types (full list here)
- HiDPI support
- Native 64-bit application
- Preview from Open and Save File Dialog
- Preview from 3rd-party file managers (see a list here)
- Easy extended by plugins
- Strict GPL license to keep it free forever
Download / General usage
- Download either installer or portable archive from GitHub Release(stable) or AppVeyor(unstable) page
- Select a file/folder on the Desktop / in a File Explorer window / in an Open- or Save-File dialog
- Press Spacebar
- Select another file/folder in the same manner
- When you’re done, click on the
❎button, or press Spacebar again
Hotkeys and buttons
- Spacebar Show/Hide the preview window
- Esc Hide the preview window
- Enter Open/Execute current file
- Mouse️ ↑ ↓ ← → Preview another file
- Ctrl-Wheel Zoom in/out images
See the Wiki page.
See the Wiki page.
Application icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com. Used under the Flaticon Basic License.
This project references many other projects. See here for the full list.
All source codes, except which are from other projects mentioned above, are licensed under GPL-3.0.
If you want make any modification on these source codes while keeping new codes not protected by GPL-3.0, please contact me for a sublicense instead.